Enviro All in One Report worth it?

Gimp

So just wondering peoples thoughts on this the 'Enviro All in One Report' example from the internet here: 

http://planning.allerdale.gov.uk/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=224308

From Groundsure gives a run down of data in the vicinity of your site, they don't however as noted in this example report (not from my site) visit your site. The report can be gained through the Coal Authority Gov.uk website when ordering a report on coal mining. The Enviro All in One Report cost £215.70 plus VAT whereas just the Coal Mining Report costs £77.00 plus VAT.

Now myself if I had to get a Coal Mining Report (in Wales here) I would probably just get the Enviro All in One which includes the Coal Mining Report and have done with it as it would not be a great deal more. The Enviro all in One Report for the most part includes a lot of data that for the most part is rather reeled of it seems and probably unlikely to tell me anything of consequence as I already know the lay of the land quite well by now. My plot is on a hillside which slopes in a way that flooding for the site is highly unlikely, subsidence is also unlikely I think, due to no previous signs/evidence that I can see (base of a garage on site still there & level), a clay/sand soil and a bank while somewhat of a pitch is not real steep, the surrounding houses seem fine also.

What I have noticed from the Design & Access statement that was submitted for the previous Outline Planning Permission (about 3 years ago) for my site was that they got a Coal Mining Report done for it which said the site was fine as far as Coal Mining in the area was concerned so I knew when buying the plot I was on firm ground on this one :) and didn't bother my conveyancer to get one done. However, although it said report was attached in the pdf download of the Design & Access Statement it does not feature at the end of the report or in any other download of pdf's on there. So I'm wondering what do you think my chances are if I email the local planning authority for my plot area and ask if they might be able to email it to me (if they have it on file). I'm not sure whether there is any reason for them not to, if its a perfectly reasonable request or whether it might come under freedom of information. So just wondering if any one else has had this or similar come up, whether its possible to gain any further docs from the planning authority than they might have put up on their website?    

If it's anything like the one I got it's a waste of money - listed 8 local "potential contamination sources", 1 of which was the office of an industrial seal manufacturer and the other 7 had been demolished anywhere from 6-25 years previous ...! One is now the site of a new Asda..!

Most of the info is free if you know where to look anyway ...

Is it the same as the report below for 50.00 https://www.southernwater.co.uk/homecheck-professional-environmental

it useful for knowing the past history of the local area. We are next door to an old WW2 hospital and PoW camp. As for environmental it is a waste of money and is basically the same search the solicitor does when you take out the mortgage.

11 hours ago, PeterW said:

If it's anything like the one I got it's a waste of money - listed 8 local "potential contamination sources", 1 of which was the office of an industrial seal manufacturer and the other 7 had been demolished anywhere from 6-25 years previous ...! One is now the site of a new Asda..!

Most of the info is free if you know where to look anyway ...

Yeah got the impression a lot of the info is quite generalized, lol

I've done a fair bit of research myself for free over the various online site so know what you mean and combined with visit to site and knowledge of how the site sits in its surroundings seems better to me than a bind dredging up of figures and erroneous date which seems to be what a lot of these reports tends to be. Nice to know I'm not the only one that seems to thinks so.

So I'm wondering what do you think my chances are if I email the local planning authority for my plot area and ask if they might be able to email it to me (if they have it on file).

I suppose they might if you have paid for "pre-application advice". I suspect you will have to make an appointment to go see the paper planning file.