Meet ups on the selfbuild site

romario

Not sure if this is the best place for this post.

I am relatively new here just made few posts and got really interesting comments.

I wonder if it would be of interest to others either more experienced or beginners to meet sometimes on the self build site for a chat, learn from each other experience / mistakes / see it in real life.

I am doing my project around Dunstable (Bedfordshire) if anyone would like to come and visit I would be happy to share my lessons and plans.

• Like 2

It’s a good idea, all our builds have been done on a single plot with no one else around in the same predicament, this thought came to me recently when we met a couple who had been building at the same time as us but on a small development of 4 houses so they always had someone to bounce ideas off and commiserate when things weren’t going to plan and I envied them a bit, it’s a lonely place a self build and I found there was no one really who understood the process, people at work knew you were doing it but have no understanding at all, I’m regularly asked at work if I’m settling in to my new house because they think it’s like buying a new house- all ready to move your furniture into, which is usually not the case. I found this site invaluable for sounding off about something, unfortunately there are not a lot of us in a small radius up here in Scotland!

• Like 2