Adding a porch to a front extension - PD?

Rob99

We obtained full planning for our front extension, which is now complete, but are finding that the new front door position on the face of the extension is a bit exposed. Previously the front door was recessed back from the front house wall by about 1.2m and I'm thinking about adding a small porch.

Would this new porch be classed as PD (as porches would be normally) or does the new extension change things somewhat and I'd need planning permission (which I suspect they'd refuse) ?

Class A (Extensions) apply to the original house but I don't see that condition in class D Porches..

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/596/schedule/2/part/1/crossheading/class-d-porches/made

Class D – porches

Permitted development

D.  The erection or construction of a porch outside any external door of a dwellinghouse.

Development not permitted

D.1  Development is not permitted by Class D if—
(a)permission to use the dwellinghouse as a dwellinghouse has been granted only by virtue of Class M, N, P or Q of Part 3 of this Schedule (changes of use);
(b)the ground area (measured externally) of the structure would exceed 3 square metres;
(c)any part of the structure would be more than 3 metres above ground level; or
(d)any part of the structure would be within 2 metres of any boundary of the curtilage of the dwellinghouse with a highway.

Edited by Temp
  • Thanks 1