SecoFLEX

gravelld

Ok, I'm just going to put this out there: https://www.secotherm.co.uk/secoflex-exterior-wall-coatings-brief/

Now, there a lot of things on this that trigger my spidey sense:

- "Overly salesy" copy

- Competing firms have some bad reputations

- No real link to the underlying product used

However, their quote for a full render repair and recoat with all enabling work is competitive (and would reduce project complexity) and the product (which I have sampled) does indeed appear to be very elastic. They offer a 10 year guarantee against any kind of cracking, although I'm guessing it's one of those guarantees that might be a bit difficult to actually enforce.

There is discussion of a sister product, "SecoTHERM" on the MSE forums but that is more around the dubious claims it makes for insulation performance (I agree with the cynicism). But I'm not interested in the insulation performance, just the ability to withstand smallish cracks in our S&C render.

Has anyone experience with coatings like this?

3 hours ago, gravelld said:

There is discussion of a sister product, "SecoTHERM" on the MSE forums but that is more around the dubious claims it makes for insulation performance

I have used a silane / silixone type cream on an old building to help prevent brickwork saturation.  I think the insulation claims may stand up for porous brickwork solid wall construction.