Recirculating cooker hood and greasy chimney?

phatboy

I am about the convert my extractor to recirculating mode as MHRV is going in.

It strikes me as odd, and not very good, that after passing the grease filter and carbon filters, the air will just disperse into the metal chimney and out through the vents at the top.

Is this satisfactory?  I don't think the filters will capture everything, so best case is the inside of the chimney will be greasy when I next remove it, or worse the tiny gap at the top of the chimney (As it's only fixed on the back corners) will leave a grease stain visible on the ceiling.

Or am I way over thinking this, and it will be fine?  I've only ever dealt with ducted extraction before.

It's a Caple CGC610 

Many thanks!

Tim

I have recirculating bora hob.  I put the grease filter in the dishwasher after cooking something that is ‘greasy’....its very easy with bora system, I also wipe out the housing and I get a fair way into the duct too.  Again very easy and tbf the grease filter gets most of it. I have mvhr extract vent in ceiling nearby and also have grease filter in that, I usually wash that monthly.  Keeps the whole system squeaky clean

• Like 1

Thanks @lizzie, my extractor also has a easily detachable grease filter that I should and will clean more often now we are re-circulating.

My MHRV extract is about 1.5m away, so that's good.  Hadn't considered a grease filter in there, but will see if BPC can supply something now.

Thanks!

• Like 1