Evening all

bikerchris

Hi everyone, 

The email said I should intro myself, so here I am - please be kind :-)

My background is in construction, but I completely lack anything but conceptual information about Renewable energy, so that's why I'm here (thank Google for that). I'm also planning to do an extension on my house, an outbuilding for use as an office and tool storage and a few odds and sods around the gaff (lecky, plumbing, etc.).

Anyway, hope you're all well!

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 1

You are most welcome.

Tell me about the tool storage (phhhhh) : it's a real issue. I hate constantly moving mine because I can't make the / haven't got the space to put them somewhere and leave them there.

I have a shipping container ear-marked for tool storage later, but it won't  be long before the LPA bends my  ear about it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

You are most welcome.

Tell me about the tool storage (phhhhh) : it's a real issue. I hate constantly moving mine because I can't make the / haven't got the space to put them somewhere and leave them there.

I have a shipping container ear-marked for tool storage later, but it won't  be long before the LPA bends my  ear about it.

Cheers! ? Hehe, pain storage is an issue isn't it - for me, though I don't live in a high crime area, I'm worried about someone nicking it all, reason for the solid build proposal really. I'd have preferred to have a timber shed, but it only takes a few swift swings of a hammer and they'd be in. Then there's getting cameras and before you know it, you become a paranoid tin foil hat wearer! ? 

Shipping container sounds gooooooood :) 

Welcome. If you would prefer timber, than i dont see it as a problem. Use the reinforcing mesh that you normally put in the concrete around the inside of say your 4x2 structure. Cheap. Then a batton, then line with 18mm Osb. The only weak point will be the door. I like a thick door frame, double door. One opens out, and the other opens in. Cheap alarm, Solar if no power. Contact breaker on outside door. Keypad on inner door. Scum gets through your outside door. Beep, beep, beep, and sign on second door says. Hi scum. You now have 15 seconds to enter the correct code before my shed starts screaming at you... P.s Please smile for the hidden cameras.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

Welcome. If you would prefer timber, than i dont see it as a problem. Use the reinforcing mesh that you normally put in the concrete around the inside of say your 4x2 structure. Cheap. Then a batton, then line with 18mm Osb. The only weak point will be the door. I like a thick door frame, double door. One opens out, and the other opens in. Cheap alarm, Solar if no power. Contact breaker on outside door. Keypad on inner door. Scum gets through your outside door. Beep, beep, beep, and sign on second door says. Hi scum. You now have 15 seconds to enter the correct code before my shed starts screaming at you... P.s Please smile for the hidden cameras.

Haha I like your brain thoughts ? That sounds pretty tough to me! The only thing is keeping the warmth in - my dream land idea is that it stays at a constant temp all through the year. Jesus though, if they were able to break into the first area, I'd have the buggers locked in and suck the air out. May be have a catapult to send them to the nearest farmers field...I hates thieves!!!

• Haha 1