Non Material Amendment submission

PeterW

Can anyone point me to some well worded submissions on NMAs that won't raise the hackles of a planning officer ..??

I've got some minor amends to make and they would all bar one be within PD post build, but it's easier to get them in at the start. 

The oddly contentious one may be the removal of a single dormer and replacement with two roof windows as MoE, but this is supported by the neighbours as otherwise the dormer is straight overlooking their garden. It's also a fugly design that matches nothing - one single 2m wide dormer in a 15m roof plane and it's about 4m from one end ..!

I'm also "correcting" an issue from the original submission by removing an existing window that doesn't actually exist. :ph34r: Did wonder whether to ignore this but I figured it was a bit of give and get for me making the changes I want. 

I've done some notes that clearly show we are removing and reducing stuff, and I've read the NMA guidance five times but I guess anyone's actual experience is appreciated ! 

Ah, sorry. Mine was pretty straight forward and our council seem a lot more switched on than most (all) I've come across so it was all easy peasy. However,  I know from talking to my architect that generally anything on the rear of the property or where it has no impact to the frontage or neighbours is no problem. Removing windows wouldn't be an issue either. Looking over what you want to do I would just bullet point it all out and highlight what you are reducing and that it has the support of the neighbours. I can't see anything contentious in what you're looking to do 

• Like 1

Do it in stages, perhaps no more than two things each time? I think I'd approach the dormer window one by stressing your discussions with neighbours and wanting to reduce impact on their and neighbouring properties amenity.