In line extractor

We have a Rangemaster extractor above the range cooker.  It is ducted up through a services room and out, all via 6" ducting.  Not bad, but quite noisy, so I wonder if anyone could suggest an inline fan I could mount on the wall of the services room?  I am looking for something powerful, with speed adjustment. I would be OK if we used the Rangemaster for lighting and grease filters only and maybe had a separate control for extract.

Your best bet would be to buy an inline motor from an extractor motor and retrofit it to your hood duct. The main issue is the controls as the normal setup involves a cable set that connects into a connector already present on a hood supplied by the same manufacturer and you can then control the motor from the controls on the hood.

I have ordered a TD 800/200 8 inch inline fan with reducers to the 6 inch ducting and a variable speed controller. Should be a powerful beast. It is being shipped from Poland so probably get fitted next week. I will test it with stir-fry in a wok.

• 2 weeks later...