Lateral water pipe problem

ash132

I’ve been getting my footings done for a rear extension and while exposing the Severn Trent main pipe we found a 20-25mm lateral water pipe to the side of it as well, which is rotten through and has sprung a leak in the middle of my footings (I’ve currently cut out a section and put in a 20mm MDPE pipe with stop cock)

The main stop cock is at the front of my property and a pipe looks to run down the right side of the property under a path which leads to the garden. There’s a T junction about 3m away from the property which then goes both left and right to feed both the neighbouring properties.

The neighbour to the left already has an extension and both the ST main and this water pipe both run under his extension.

The problem is I’m building my wall right up against his and I’ll need to cut the pipe and re-route it around my new extension as per South Staff instructions. I’m concerned that in the future if there’s ever any kind of leak then there will be no way to access and repair the new joint.

Not too sure how to tackle this. Even leaving a small gap between the extension and the neighbour’s extension wouldn’t really be enough space unless realistically I leave a 500mm or so gap?

I’ve attached crappy pic to explain but would appreciate any suggestions on how best to go about it without reducing the extension size.

drain 002.jpg

Edited by ash132
missing

13 minutes ago, ash132 said:

.... a 20-25mm lateral water pipe to the side of it as well, which is rotten through and has sprung a leak...

What is it made of ..? Sounds like a  communication pipe and it may be ST responsibility to repair. Out of interest where is your supply as it’s not drawn on there ..? 

And by ST Main do you mean sewer ..?