MortarThePoint Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago Lots of the Ikea bathroom basins seen to come with the same bottle trap with weird telescopic extension. I'm sure there are better replacements available (suggestions welcome), but I'd like to give their setup a chance. That said, the weird telescopic bit feels like it would be likely to clog with shaving residues. Does anyone have good experience with these waste setups? The bottom most part of the parts below is an adaptor that allows the flexible main waste tube to be connected to the house plumbing. I've also copied their diagram of using that to connect to a 40mm pipe. It is a very snug fit inside a 40mm solvent waste pipe, but I expect the material is PP so wouldn't weld. How have others made this connection to 40mm solvent plumbing? I am wondering about Mcalpine's T18-ABS adaptor. Parts: Adaptor to 40mm:
Mike Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago This type of waste is fairly common in France. During my previously mentioned hotel experience when flexible tap connectors were bursting all over the place, there were zero problems with flexible waste pipes blocking or leaking, so I wouldn't be concerned.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now