Foundation - Engineer Drawings?

Ed_MK

Good Afternoon All.

I seem to be progressing on my new build and I should have the Building Regs documents back
from Potton in a few weeks. I am going to put them with my own drainage layout and Bingo ..the lorries can roll 

(or so i thought)

After a talk this morning with Potton it seems that the bit in the Order that says THEY do all the layouts and stuff,
is only applicable if you pay the extra for them to do the planning permission and all such like ...(sigh)

I am OK with the drainage layout as its a "funny one"as we are going through our parents land to connect to all services ..

..about 50m in all (thankfully most of it in their garden, so we can do the work ourselves)

What has reared its head is the "foundation plan" ...or "foundation engineer report" ...I had never heard the words until today 
from Potton. So I called up the company doing the foundations and they tell me they quoted (and expect it to be) they HAVE
visited the site and we have got a soil report ....so.........100cm x 60cm / Beam and Block ...which from what I can see is a standard.

They have told me they have never been ASKED to make an engineer report for a foundation

Potton said they will give the foundation company the "Slab setting out plan" and "line and point loads plan" ?
....but I don't think that is the same 

So I guess what I am asking is...

a) will the council expect this ?

b) is it basically a drawing I could do?
b) does anyone have something i could look at to get an idea 

thanks in advance 

Eddie

We submitted our B&B drawing which was done by the B.B. company as part of there quote

No charge

It was flagged up by our local authority when we submitted and sugested to us that our Structusl engineer have a look at it

Same with the floor joists as pasquils had spect a lam joist

BB the SE added two more supporting walls

Tfe first floor joists He replaces the lam joists with a steel

I would go ahead and submit

and see what they pick up

It really didn’t hold anything up

They just said everything will go through once we have these two amendments 

Same thing with drainage our Architect submitted an elaborate 

Drainage plan Which was passed 

But inpractical 

So I drew out a different layout Like your doing

abd asked the Architect to put it in a drawing and email it to BC

Theres always little niggles But ideally easy to get over

Thanks Nod,

I am more than happy to "have a go" at doing my own foundation drawing. It would be helpful if i could see 

someone else's especially if they had a timber frame / soleplates / block and beam ! arrangement !

:)

46 minutes ago, Ed_MK said:

Thanks Nod,

I am more than happy to "have a go" at doing my own foundation drawing. It would be helpful if i could see 

someone else's especially if they had a timber frame / soleplates / block and beam ! arrangement !

:)

Mine are deep trench 

with B.B. 

Its not really worth the hassle 

The SE charged £250 for one visit and drawing the house foundation and two garages and another 100 for all the steel calcs and a couple of alterations that were requested

Thanks Nod,

I am originally from Manchester. I moved down here last year with my wife. believe it or not there is a WORLD
of difference in the price of almost everything in SE England, I am not sure why ...it's not like we have any more money (in my case anyway)

Perhaps I am becoming a miserable old git ....but it seems like any trade no matter how small starts a small maintenance job at £500 and goes 

up from there ....whereas in Manchester ...they start at £100/£150 ...

Tree Cutting, Ridge Tile replacement (Wind damage) ...even the brakes on my car !

,thats why I have become a bit "consultant-phobic" ....it always seem to start at one price and then prove to be more as it goes on....

...and then of course it's embarrassing to say "well, i really cant afford it" :(