Fixing a couple of broken old windows (first timer!)

Greeting!

Attached is a photos of 2 broken windows from a house that I need to repair. Not been inside yet so I dont know the messurements of the windows. Can I work it out before I arrive at the property and get the glass cut prior to this? Who can cut me the glass and how can I attach it to the window seals?

Thanks

PS I also want to do the window frames up the best I can for as little money as possible (for the time being anyway)

So what type of paint and filler would you recommend?

IMG_20240919_131535.jpg

Edited by lord mud of the flyes

I don't thknk there's any way you can 'guess' that.  You need to get up there to measure and check that there's some decent timber to put new glass in to.  Looking at the pics, I suspect you'll be lucky to get away without replacing some woodwork.

13 hours ago, lord mud of the flyes said:

Attached is a photos of 2 broken windows from a house that I need to repair. Not been inside yet so I dont know the messurements of the windows. 

Hello!

''Can I work it out before I arrive at the property and get the glass cut prior to this?''

No

(Ah, @Roundtuit posted as I started to write.)

13 hours ago, lord mud of the flyes said:

PS I also want to do the window frames up the best I can for as little money as possible (for the time being anyway)

So what type of paint and filler would you recommend?

Preparation probably far more important than type of paint and filler. I was recommended Zinsser Allcoat which is v expensive but does primer. u/coat and finish  (3 sep coats but one paint). Equally cheap apaintb and filler would probably be OK since this is (??) short-term work (?)