Increasing size after CIL Exemption

Having finally secured the funding for my build, it turns out I've got a bit more money than what I expected when I originally put in planning permission.

I've now decided that I'd like to put attic trusses on and claim an extra two rooms.

The problem is, I wanted to start in a few weeks. I've already got the cil exemption but I'm not sure how it would work if I need to do a modified application for the additional rooms. I certainly don't want to fall into the trap of having started and then the council wanting £50k+ from me because my exemption is for a "different" application.

Can anyone offer any advice? Do I have no choice but to wait until a new application is approved?

if your approved elevations dont change crack on and keep schtum. Impossible for them to know.

You could always finish the rest get it signed off, wait 28 days then finish the loft room under permitted dev.

Depends how delaying things work for you I guess.

Just getting on with it could prove to be a costly mistake. There'd be an obvious second floor staircase in the large gallery entrance that the bitter architect across the road, who put an objection in would soon notice. Old bugger would gladly report it, especially after I, a bricklayer, made him look a fool to the council when I countered his objection.