Could someone identify this controller please

The recently installed heat pump - a Vaillant arotherm plus, stopped working last Friday. A power cut covering half the village happened on Saturday for about an hour and it seems to have cleared the problem and everyting seems to be back to normal.

However, it occurs that I know next to nothing about this installation and how any of it works. I can find the instructions for the sensocomfort controller and the pump itself but there is another box on the wall for which I can't track down the handbook and I'd like to know what it does.

I'm still waiting for the installers service team to call me back after Friday's breakdown so I'm not holding out much hope there. I prefer to have at least a rudimentary understanding if only to recognise if things aren't right.

The picture shows the unit displaying Friday's fault .

controller.jpg

Hi @kandgmitchell

I think its the error code for when the power was cut.

I understand Heat pumps are very touchy about having the correct voltage.

My heat pump (not the same brand) did a similar thing.

I think its showing the last error and will probably log them - mine does. And then we reset ours and the message change

Oh just found this to help:

https://professional.vaillant.co.uk/downloads/aproducts/renewables-1/arotherm-plus/appliance-interface-operating-and-installation-instructions-1799367.pdf

Good luck

Marvin

13 hours ago, kandgmitchell said:

However, it occurs that I know next to nothing about this installation and how any of it works.

Yes, VWZ AI. Is connected to the HP via the two-wire bus. Does the HP-specific stuff, the SensoComfort controller is generic for all Vaillant htg systems inc boilers and hybrid/mixed.

The manuals are not very helpful for understanding but this FB forum is your friend. Just keep an eye on it, most common topics get a fresh airing once a week or so. Also lots of resources in the Files tab, manuals, performance graphs etc.

Unless your installer is really expert you will after a short while be able to tweak the settings to suit your circumstances and get better perfomance/lower electricity bills. Record what it is currently set to first! There is also a SensoComfort simulator here which will allow you to play without changing your real settings.

Edited by sharpener