Help with wording on my substructure quote please

Tony L

I’ve accepted a quote for site prep’, demolition & substructure for a 120 m2 footprint detached house, which we’re in a hurry to get on with, because our high water table will be at its lowest at the beginning of October.  My partner is dealing with the structural warranty (we haven’t yet committed to a provider), & she tells me, the better (ie more thorough) the builder’s quote looks, the easier it will be to get signed up with a warranty provider.

I asked the builder to resubmit his quote, which was received as an email, on his company letterhead, & add in as much detail as he can.  The builder explained, they’re very good at building, but not as good at emails as us, & can we write out what we want to see in the quote, so he can paste it in?  This seems like a good opportunity for me to help get the work off to a good start.

If anybody has what they consider to be a well written quote/contract for this type of work & they’re happy to share it by posting below, or messaging me, I’d be very grateful.

The structural warranty is an insurance policy backed by inspections.  You will normally submit building regs level drawings from architect or designer for the warranty provider to check.  These should have most of the detail your builder needs.  They will usually have some input from a structural engineer.  The quote from your builder does not need to be detailed.  They just need to refer to the drawings.  It could be a single paragraph if the drawings have enough information.