Looking for advice on potentially "blown" skylights.

Hello all, 

I completed a single storey extension on a bungalow in Nov 23' and fitted two 1.5X1M skylights provided by a local supplier. They are double glazed "fixed" i.e. they don't open. The property was subsequently sold and I have recieved information from the new owner that "patterns" are appearing on both skylights, and this started occurring within a week of eachother. (Pictures attached). The patterns change and sometimes disappear throughout the day. 

The windows were installed as per manufacturers instructions, strictly followed, with two layers of sealant. In addition, the manufacturers frames were used which were purpose built for this model of skylight. Great care was taken in installing to avoid damage, including only unpacking the windows promptly before they were slotted into place. 

If they had "blown" in the conventional sense, I would expect to see more condensation and water evidence present. It also seems particularly coincidental that this has occurred as the weather has significantly increased in temperature (July 24). If relevant, I believe the panes of glass are separated by argon. 

Has anyone seen this sort of phenomenon or damage before and can perhaps give advice on whether a total replacement is necessary? The new owner contacted the manufacturer who offered a replacement of both units and pointed the finger at the installer (me) but takes no involvement in fitting or maintaining any of their products. It seems unlikely that exactly the same mistake was made in installing the windows in the same way that would cause them to fault at the same time in the same manner. 

In replacing them, If feel I would be repeating the exact same process in the same way and expecting a different result which as we know has something do with madness. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, 

Thanks 

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-05 at 20.49.48_13a088ed.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-28 at 08.06.44_3a3c8b36.jpg

To be fair Most manufacturers won’t want to get involved in installing 

But will replace 

It’s a bit naughty pointing the finger at you It’s obvious that the units have blown No one’s fault Just bad luck that you have two duff units