Small MVHR for Kitchen that is already ducted

Hi everyone,

I have a kitchen that is currently ducted up for an MVHR unit (2no. supply point, 2no. extracts). The area of the room is 31m2 (volume 75m3). To put it plainly, I hired an MVHR company to install the ducting but I made an error in the placement of the attic hatch and the MVHR company doesn't supply any machine small enough to fit into the attic. They brought their smallest unit but it didn't fit it so I've got all the ducts in place now and I'm looking for a smaller unit that might work.

I've included some images below

image.thumb.png.d58d16ac9f38c01f5aaa14cdf68b9c04.png

image.thumb.png.f04b8f610f4b38f27255afadad9cfa3e.png

I came across this unit: Nuaire MRXBOX95AB-WM1 which might work but I'm struggling to find a supplier. If anybody else had any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, just the kitchen and the hot press area. I originally planned to a whole house MVHR but a 500mm wall stopped me feeding ducting through from the old house into the new one. So the MVHR is all working fine in the main area.

I probably could go with an extract/supply solution as well without the heat recovery but I know the underfloor heating needs as much help as possible in the winter.

52 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

That's a big loft access hatch. 1200 x 600mm. First unit I came to will fit with plenty of room for hands etc 

https://www.titon.com/uk/products/ventilation-systems/heat_recovery_mvhr/hrv-1-25-q-plus/

Are you just ventilating the space shown? As that is a very low flow requirement about 45 to 50m3/h for supply and extract?

This size would work well alright. The hatch was a decent size alright - I just hadn't taken the roof pitch at that location into account when it was being installed. If I'd turned it 90deg, I would have been fine! Into my lessons learned book...