Stone and Rubble Wall. Structurally Sound?

Hi, I'm trying to get an old damp building to a dry living space and I've been stripping off the old cement render to allow the walls to dry out. The walls were sopping wet and have dried out well even in a few days but I'm concerned that the render has affected the structural integrity of the walls as they've been wet since the render went on many years ago. The red bricks are very crumbly as is the lime mortar. I'm planning to remove and repair as necessary but I'm worried that the walls may fall down in the meantime! The brick support of the front door lintel is causing particular concern. I'll try and post some more photos. Any thoughts / advice ?

IMG_8456.thumb.jpg.7d830ea0e1ca31c841b93b9c701afaf8.jpgIMG_8464.thumb.jpg.6fbfd937e3646d66112de2ced25119b7.jpg

Very similar to my last house, everything looks like it’s about crumble (one of the reasons I decide to build new). Nevertheless it didn’t fall down or even show any signs of movement in 13 years I lived there. Unless you want to knock it down, all you can do is stabilise the walls as best you can, mainly by filling/pointing the gaps. The door lintel itself looks solid however the wooden/clad beam running from the corner looks like it needs propping while you stabilise the supporting wall underneath.

• Like 1

Thanks Bonner, I'll take that onboard during the repairs. The bricks especially have really been damaged by the constant wet walls - all the stones seem to be still in decent nick but I'm thinking that all the brick window surrounds will need to be replaced. Thanks again for the input.