Brick Match - Marston bricks

I need to find a few dozen bricks to match our existing. I've taken one out the wall and it's marked "Marston". Every supplier I've asked locally has said they're a perfect match for LBC Heather, but having got a few samples they're really nothing like! LBC heather are nowhere near as textured, nor the right colour. We want to block up a doorway so really, needs to be a pretty damn good match or it's going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Alternatively if anyone has any great ideas on how to block it up and have it look half decent without matching bricks, I'm all ears.

Whilst we're here - the house had full fill insulation pumped in some years back, before we bought it. What would be the best way to insulate the cavity on the door I'm blocking in? It's only a 60mm cavity. Debating if it's worth opening up the cavity either side of the doorway before blocking up or not as well

Bricks 1-2.jpg

Bricks 2.jpg

Bricks 3.jpg

Bricks 4.jpg

9 hours ago, Del-inquent said:

Alternatively if anyone has any great ideas on how to block it up and have it look half decent without matching bricks, I'm all ears

Make a feature of it? It will be very difficult to blend perfectly even with the same bricks so don’t try to hide it. You could go with something completely different or decorative brick bonding. Simplest way is to set the new (similar) brickwork in reveal, set back the same as the existing door frame.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2024 at 06:40, Andehh said:

Any opportunity to do some Planting in front of it?

My wife could find opportunity to do planting in the middle of a concrete car park, so quite probably yes! Me, I could kill a plant before I got it back from the shop.