Block and beam over ground beam

I would appreciate some insight on this. We are building a single story rear extension with a block and beam floor. There is a ground beam spanning the rear of the extension which has been meshed and encased in concrete. There is no foundation under this ground beam, it rests on a trench on one end, and a pad on the other. 

The external blockwork is not running straight along the beam, and as a result, on one end we only have 100mm of concrete encased beam left for the 150mm cavity and thermalite internal skin. The blockwork has been built square however the beam must not have been laid the same. 

I spoke with the builder after noticing it and he says it’s fine and the internal skin and 150mm cavity will be built off the block and beam that rests on this 100mm. 

Does this sound correct?

D8A53F80-DAB2-4598-AFC7-088793CC38F0.thumb.jpeg.cd290ce04444e463bbd3658da6d81bbc.jpegunfortunately my building control drawings do not detail this. 

Posted (edited)

Respectfully, I don't think that your builder or this forum are qualified/positioned to answer "is this ok", this should be  raised with your SE and BCO.

They will propose options which I'd then ask for the opinion of builder/forum. 

Nonetheless without knowing the specifics of the structural design I would doubt that the B&B floor has been designed to have the internal leaf blockwork (and its associated loads) built on it in that particular location; in practical terms it may be structurally sound however you may be committing the act of "not built to manufacturers specifications" so be aware of the risks that may bring.

Was the builder responsible for forming the ground beam incorrectly, because that is a silly mistake, and not something I would consider fine.

It is a big f up plain and simple.

Edited by Annker
spelling

7 hours ago, Annker said:

Respectfully, I don't think that your builder or this forum are qualified/positioned to answer "is this ok", this should be  raised with your SE and BCO.

They will propose options which I'd then ask for the opinion of builder/forum. 

Nonetheless without knowing the specifics of the structural design I would doubt that the B&B floor has been designed to have the internal leaf blockwork (and its associated loads) built on it in that particular location; in practical terms it may be structurally sound however you may be committing the act of "not built to manufacturers specifications" so be aware of the risks that may bring.

Was the builder responsible for forming the ground beam incorrectly, because that is a silly mistake, and not something I would consider fine.

It is a big f up plain and simple.

Thank you Annker. Yes I appreciate perhaps I didn’t work my comments correctly. BCO is visiting on Monday and I’ve emailed the engineer. It really does not sound right to me so let’s see what they say.

thank you again