Flush pipe… where to cut

Roz

Hopefully I can explain this well enough! For a rak wall hung toilet

Inside the ceramic area you insert the flush pipe into, there is maybe a 5cm space, then a ridge going all the way around, then a space with 3 holes where the water flows into the bowl from the pipe. 

Does the pipe get cut beyond the ridge, which seems to be in the middle of the whole cavity of the flush pipe area? Or do you cut it at the ridge, etc. 

We are getting leaking and I think I might have cut it too long so it’s too close to the holes and maybe creating a backwash. The rubber seal also pushes back on the flush pipe instead of staying in place so that might also be the problem if it’s not seating well enough inside the ceramic. 

Thanks!

I had a similar problem and bought a new rubber seal kit from Screwfix, possibly this one. It was not a very good fit and was prone to spring out again. Eventually I put a block of wood behind the connection to keep it all pushed in place. Maybe the other kind would be better.

The pipe was however long enough to reach past the "ridge", I think you need to fit it like this as it will help centralise the pipe in the hole whatever seal you use. IIRC the hole in the ceramic was centrally on the axis so I didn't have your problem. You could cut radial slots or holes in the end so even if pushed right home there will be room for the water to escape from it sideways.

• Like 1