PCCs for self-build loan and structural warranty

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on PCCs for a self-build loan. We require PCCs for loan stages to be released, however we also want to get a structural warranty. As we're in Scotland, the building control will be done by the council, so we might end up having three sets of inspections - one for building control, one for the loan stages, and one for the structural warranty. Is there a way of combining any of these? Or are there structural warranty providers who can use the certification from the loan and building control rather than sending out their own people? We've had a quote from Protek, but the majority of the cost is sending someone out to do the inspections, and the inspections won't match all the stages of our loan so we'll have to pay extra for desktop certificates for these stages. Any advice would be welcome! Thanks

Also in Scotland.  Don’t think you can combine as different liabilities risks and costs. We just went with pcc for mortgage purposes.  In our opinion warranty only of benefit if you intend to sell house within 10 years (namely lifetime of warranty).  

if you have a very reputable builder & project manager & architect, whose work has a good reputation then ask yourself what’s the likelihood that they will build something that’s likely to fall down and be subject to a warranty claim.  All about risk.

my understanding is that warranty claims companies are a nightmare to claim off.  If they don’t go bust.

My builder, PM and architect all worked together so they coordinated the relevant architect inspections for the PCC and the building control sign offs.  

I don’t recall my mortgage provider - ecology - requiring the staged certification though they just required my say so to get the money I needed when I needed it.  Unless I’m being stupid and forgot that, or things have changed.

Edited by Bozza

4 hours ago, AnnaKH said:

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on PCCs for a self-build loan. We require PCCs for loan stages to be released, however we also want to get a structural warranty. 

You should be able to get your mortgage and staged payments with either a PCC or a structural warranty. Doing both is just throwing money away in my opinion. If you're dead set on the structural warranty, save yourself some money by not getting a PCC.