Coatings for ridge beam and more

I would be most grateful for some advice here re some additional costings during a project. I am the homeowner and appreciate that additional work is required:

- supply and fit of a 152x152x30 (9m span) steel ridge beam in a loft. It can be spliced in 3 sections if preferred. There is an existing loft extension but after strip out we discovered there was no ridge beam so this has been spec’d by the engineer. My existing quote from the builder includes scaffolding and all other works related to the dormer construction. Priced £5250 inc vat.

- Marley duo concrete roof tiles for a 55m2 pitched roof including re-felt and battons. New lead flashing, UPVC fascia, softfits and dry verge, guttering to this area only. Priced £12840 inc vat. again scaffolding already in place

13 minutes ago, AdaminCymru said:

Thanks Nod, just to be clear, priced separately are all other works relating to the loft extension, this £5250 is just for supply and instal of the steel ridge

I’m guessing they will have a crane to hire 

If it’s just a days work It probably is expensive But I suspect there’s a bit more to it than than Put your SE drawing up that they quoted from

14 minutes ago, AdaminCymru said:

Do fabricators quote to both supply and fit?

Yes definitely 

They will expect any prep work to be done But on site welding will take them a fraction of the time 

27 minutes ago, nod said:

Yes definitely 

They will expect any prep work to be done But on site welding will take them a fraction of the time 

Great, thanks. At least I’ll be better informed when negotiating with my builder with a comparable quote