Air Tight Wall Vent for Log Burner

Hi,

Not sure if this exists but I'm looking for an air tight wall vent for our planned log burner. I'd like to have something that I can open when the stove is in use and then close off to an air tight standard when its not in use.

The stove will have direct ventilation but I understand that when you open the door smoke can spill out if you don't have enough air supply in the room (house is airtight with MVHR).

Thanks

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, benben5555 said:

I'd like to have something that I can open when the stove is in use and then close off to an air tight standard when its not in use

I did see something like that I looked for ours, but concluded it was a waste of time and money so didn't pursue any further.

38 minutes ago, benben5555 said:

stove will have direct ventilation but I understand that when you open the door smoke can spill out if you don't have enough air supply in the room (house is airtight with MVHR).

If your ventilation is balanced it shouldn't, no combustion air should come from the room. Just make sure you get a stove where primary and secondary air come from outside only (some/plenty don't) - nothing should come from the house internals.