Render Boards

I'm building a new timber frame home. Walls will be osb on the outside so will need fishing with vapour barrier, battens, render boards, render. I'm considering installing the render boards myself (with help from family/friends). A local company that has also quoted for the render has advised against this so I'm wondering if this is something that's beyond the diy job or not? I realise boards will be heavy but from what I can tell installation isn't too difficult. I'm pretty happy researching and trying my hand at most things. Does anyone have any advice or experience of doing this yourself?

Thanks

Edited by junglejim

21 minutes ago, junglejim said:

I'm building a new timber frame home. Walls will be osb on the outside so will need fishing with vapour barrier, battens, render boards, render. I'm considering installing the render boards myself (with help from family/friends). A local company that has also quoted for the render has advised against this so I'm wondering if this is something that's beyond the diy job or not? I realise boards will be heavy but from what I can tell installation isn't too difficult. I'm pretty happy researching and trying my hand at most things. Does anyone have any advice or experience of doing this yourself?

Thanks

Some are heavy yes depending on the size you are using .

It's a straight forward enough job if installed properly and will save a fair amount of money.

Yes just have to find a plasterer who is happy to render boards you have installed 

As a business we install 100s of render boards each year Whilst it’s heavy work It’s not difficult Same rule as most jobs start straight and square 

We normally laser the bottom row 

and put a handful of screws on the top each board to leave a couple of mill gap and stagger all the joints