Standard Consultation

JLB

Hi All,

Question regarding planning permission to the collective knowledge of the forum.

Our reserved matters application has been submitted and the standard consultation expiry date is tomorrow, however, some of the consultees have not replied. I am aware they still have time but as they had 21 days seems less likely they will reply. The consultees not replied are ecology and conservation (historical environment). 

My question is, does anyone know what happens if they do not reply by the deadline? Can the case officer just proceed to the next stage of considering the application?

Thanks

Conservation never stick to the standard consultation time - they're probably off on a course about the application of wattle and daub construction in a modern post brexit holistic environment......... The case officer will just plod on, they may chase conservation or ecology if it's vital to consider their comments but don't be surprised if either parachute their comments in at the eleventh hour and you're being asked for an extension of time!

Hi @JLB I’m in Scotland but our planning decision date expired with 1 consultation missing. The consultation deadline had passed 4 weeks earlier I think. We contacted the planning officer who said the tree officer was on long term sick leave which had added to the delay, she added we were proposing removing lots of trees. We had been in good discussions with tree officer prior to planning and he had recommended the arborist we used for tree survey, none of the trees were being removed because of the development only 3 trees being removed ( we have over 30) and all due to disease and on health and safety grounds. We asked them to reply within 14 days. We got planning verbally in 10 and in writing in 21 days after planning decision date. The dates set for planning are a desirability or aim my architect told us, although you can go to appeal if they miss a deadline. Once the planning approved date expires, I would get in touch with planning officer and ask why, be reasonable but ask when they might have a decision or give them a deadline. They should have asked for extension in my case. I understand how frustrating it is, I was checking my planning doc on the portal daily but I would wait till the planning decision has lapsed then get in touch as the consultant may respond in this time. They are often understaffed but a reasonable and straight and unemotional response keeping to facts of the case I think help in most situations. Wishing you the best and keep us updated.

Thanks everyone for the advice

Conservation replied after the deadline with lots of negative comments for us. The next battle is upon us with this reserved matter application!