Rough door opening size and door size

The architect drawings door schedule specify 1981mm x 838mm doors. I went round all the door openings the other day and they are a bit all over the place. I’m ok for width to fit an 838mm door as the rough openings vary from 906mm to 937mm. However the door height varies from 2040mm to 2070mm above finished floor. Is it simply a matter of having to pack the 2070 opening depending on the lining material I decide to go for? 

The width also varies a fair bit due to the different way the walls are built up from 137mm to 122mm. 

55 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

The architect drawings door schedule specify 1981mm x 838mm doors. I went round all the door openings the other day and they are a bit all over the place. I’m ok for width to fit an 838mm door as the rough openings vary from 906mm to 937mm. However the door height varies from 2040mm to 2070mm above finished floor. Is it simply a matter of having to pack the 2070 opening depending on the lining material I decide to go for? 

The width also varies a fair bit due to the different way the walls are built up from 137mm to 122mm. 

Yes they can be packed , I put an extra timber in if more than say 30mm  has to packed , sides and top .

As for the width they will just have to be altered on site by whoever fits them ready for plasterboard/wall finish 

8 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

For future reference, Would it be prudent to make a door opening template (beatifully squared of course) and to stick build against it?

Next time! 

Or the joiners could have taken a bit more care about it. I’ve come to realise that everyone seems to work to the principle that it’s the very last finishing trade that trues everything up or sorts it all out with the magic caulk gun. 

1 hour ago, Kelvin said:

Next time! 

Or the joiners could have taken a bit more care about it. I’ve come to realise that everyone seems to work to the principle that it’s the very last finishing trade that trues everything up or sorts it all out with the magic caulk gun. 

Correct. 

If the right people are hired in the first place the tolerances should be all the same making everything straight forward