Safe to increase boost rate?

Hello,

I live in a new build flat with MVHR (Vent-Axia). The system seems to work well and I have no reason to believe it wasn't commissioned properly.

However, I do get more condensation in my bathroom than I would like. The system is set up so that boost mode starts when I turn the bathroom lights on. The current settings are: Normal Extract 20%, Normal Supply 20%, Boost Extract 30%, Boost Supply 37%.

So my questions are:

1) Is it safe to increase the Boost Extract % (I know how to do it)?

2) If I do that, do I also need to increase the Boost Supply rate?

By the way, I'm not concerned about extra noise or power consumption. Even in boost mode I can't hear the ventilation at all (although it is running).

Any insights appreciated – thanks in advance.

Even without boost, you really shouldn't get condensation with MVHR. We rarely have boost on at all, without issue.

% speeds don't really mean much, as far as flow rates are concerned. What were the actual flow rates? Should be on the commissioning certificate.

Also have you checked your filters?

17 hours ago, SwissLondoner said:

Any insights appreciated – thanks in advance.

We never used boost on our MVHR and never had condensation anywhere in the house. Assuming it has been commissioned correctly, where is the condensation forming? I would be looking at the air and wall temperatures. What sort of glazing is in that room? Ventilation is going to have to work harder in lower temperatures.