Our first self build in Hampshire

Hello Everyone.

My wife and I are building our dream home after purchasing a plot of land inhabited by sand lizards over 2 years ago. We are doing as everything we can ourselves although we have employed a local Sips contractor to construct the frame, followed by professional roofers to ensure we get an IBG for the flat roof.

Im excited to be a new member for this forum where I will undoubtedly be spending many hours researching various topics.

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2665.JPG

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mattgibbs said:

by professional roofers to ensure we get an IBG for the flat roof.

Have you asked the professional roofers if they offer a IBG.  Ours - a 30 year old company - provide a 20 year guarantee on our flat roof but I’ve had to purchase my own IBG to satisfy the structural warranty requirements.  It’s not a massive issue but just worth checking.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, my husband and I just bought a plot in Oxfordshire,  we have outline planning and we are just starting to get ideas before we go for full planning . We are now looking at different build methods and we don't know which one is best.  What made you deicide to use SIPs? We looked at them at the NEC show but there were ones with yellow foam and thicker ones with grey EPS. What did you use and can I ask why?