L shaped shower screen. Support

Hi all. We currently have an pivoting l shaped shower screen. We have noticed that the glass is coming out of the seal and the frame seems to be bending. I have removed and pushed the glass back into seal again but after a few days of use the original issues are back.

Any suggestions on what we can do to fix or do we need to buy a new one?

Thanks 

IMG-20240215-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20240215-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20240207-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240207-WA0009.jpg

In this case I would bond (glue) the glass into the frame, take the glass out, thoroughly clean the glass and frame with a solvent cleaner, masking tape on the glass and frame where you don’t want the sticky stuff to go. Think I would use black OB1, CT1 or windscreen bond. 

Edited by markc

11 hours ago, markc said:

In this case I would bond (glue) the glass into the frame, take the glass out, thoroughly clean the glass and frame with a solvent cleaner, masking tape on the glass and frame where you don’t want the sticky stuff to go. Think I would use black OB1, CT1 or windscreen bond. 

I used automotive Sikaflex to do the same job - the tricky thing was making sure you didn't apply too much  cos it's messy - mine you had to put the glass into the seal and then the seal into the frame and then fully insert both and there was very little clearance for additional adhesive and it goes off quite quickly.....

I chose to apply sikaflex to the seal and then fit the seal to the glassand squeeze out any excess (two long battens and multiple clamps) - then when the sikaflex had gone off cut away any excess and then fit glass with seal to the frame using the good old fairy lube assist.

It's been done 5 years and hasn't moved at all but one thing I would say (without doing that) is don't leave the shower screen in a position where it isn't supported for long periods of time because that is very likely to be your primary cause for the glass coming out of the seal of the seal (and glass coming out of the frame)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1