tips for 63mm MDPE

jpadie

Hi 
I am struggling to thread about 20m of 63mm MDPE down a 110mm pipe that's being repurposed as a duct.  Are there any tips that might make things a little easier?   there's a mild S bend in the middle and I think I may be getting stuck there.    there's no easy way to get hot water into the pipe unfortunately.  

at the moment the leading edge is stopped up.  I was thinking about removing the stop and cutting an angle there.  it will be connected to a pump so any silt should get blasted out.

thanks in advance.

justin

Hi, you won’t push it through, really needs pulling. Drain rods through first then use them to pull a rope through, then use rope to pull mdpe through.

if you have a decent size compressor then air can be used to blow the rope through in place of drain rods.

thank you. 

i don't have drain rods or a compressor (in the UK) sadly!  or a long enough rope!  and there's a belly in the duct that holds water.  getting a rope through is going to be tough but I see the point.   I do have a 20m fish tape.  that might be good enough to pull back a rope.