Advice needed on shower screen reinsert problem

Hi

I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some holes in the frame attached to the glass panel, allowing for some screws to go in and securing the frame in place. My problem is that the frame isn't going deep enough into the channel. Normally I'd take the rubber mallet to it, but I'd probably end up with glass everywhere.....

I could try opening up the channel with some quick release grips, but that might cause stability problems, and open up the possibility of future leakage. Alternatively, I could try lubricating the frame a bit with some silicone lubricant - whilst this is unlikely to interfere with the silicone sealant that i'll be applyiing on the inside of the channel where it meets the tray (like how it was when I removed the glass panel), I'm not sure that this is the best approach. Can anyone suggest a better method?

Also, the frame on the other side of the glass panel (which has the pivot hinge) was glued to the tray, but as I don't have the original installation instructions, I don't know what adhesive is best to use. What would people recommend? Liquid nails?

Thanks

17074020464312.jpg

17074020464572.jpg

• 5 months later...

As an update, what I did was:
- Applied a blob (2cm) of BT1 to base of shower frame beneath door hinge (with hindsight I would probably have added a bit more, but it's still sturdy several months later)
- Inserted shower frame into channel:

• Bottom corner first at a slight downward angle and push down as far as it will go (still at an angle)
  • Aligned gap beneath door hinge with runner already attached to tray and pushed downwards
  • Forced the rest of the frame into the channel (and prayed that the glass didn't explode)
  • Pushed down from top as it wasn't flush with the top of the channel
  • Placed a piece of wood on the top part of the frame inside the channel, and hit with rubber mallet until flush with top of channel (more praying required)
  • Inserted screws into channel & door frame, but didn’t fully tighten yet (NB - this is what I should have done - what I actually did was fully tighten in the first instance, and had to untighten after attaching the door)
  • Attached window bracing

- Then lifted door onto hinge and ensured it is correctly aligned on both side
- Placed top door hinge cap and inserted 2 screws & tightened

NB - I fully tightened the channel screws and then placed the door on the hinge. An hour later, thinking that I maybe should have let the shower tray take the weight of the door, I loosened the screws slightly and retightened 24hrs later. With hindsight/common sense, I wouldn't have fully tightened in the first place, and would have waiting 24 hours.

Posting in the event that someone encounters something similar.

• Like 1

Haha - I actually did it a few months ago, much closer to when I initially posted, but there was still a bit of a lag!

Just tying up a few loose ends.....

• Like 2