Dormer Cladding

Smarty67

Hi All

Hope this is in the right forum

I’m doing a cladding job on my dormer bungalow, one side of the dormer is about 10m long with 4 windows in it, ive fired my laser along the bottom start line of the cladding which is also the same line as the windows cills, if I start on the laser line, at the front of the house I will be in line with the cill but at the back the cladding would be 3 inch above the window cill, the house is built on  raft foundations in a known poor ground area so I guess the whole thing has shifted in the 50 years its been up. So I guess I’ve got no option but to follow the line of the cills other wise I think its going to look a bit of an arse. Would that be what everyone else would do?

Thanks

Martin

If it looks right, it is right. Regardless of actual level. 

In this scenerio, I wouldnt use a level for the cheeks, I'd string line and measure down. 

(if I'm understanding you right?) 

3 hours ago, FuerteStu said:

If it looks right, it is right. Regardless of actual level. 

In this scenerio, I wouldnt use a level for the cheeks, I'd string line and measure down. 

(if I'm understanding you right?) 

good call, i hadn't thought of using a line, it will work on the long run if i just measure down at each end of the 10 metre run, pull a line and fit the battens on that line..Thanks for the tip i appriciate it