Another Willis heater install

Mike

I've no questions, but with much thanks to those who documented their own Willis-based UFCH and in the hope that it may be of interest to someone else, here's a photo of my Willis heater UFCH which is now up and running on a temporary supply here in France. Sadly, due to French liability laws, I had to resist installing it myself and use a local plumber, in order to obtain a 10-year warranty. I'm not sure if it was the Willis heaters or the concept of 15mm pipe (unknown in France) that intrigued him most. The pipe disappearing top right heads to an expansion vessel. The insulation will be redone and completed more tidily once the room is finished.

WillisUFCH.png.b85686c032139ae3bf92dcdc7db2ebc4.png

Once the electrical install is finished later this year, the heaters will be controlled primarily by Node Red running on a Raspberry Pi, via a Shelly Pro 4 PM which will also double-up as a backup controller in case the Pi goes down. The Shelly will in turn control the contactors that will switch the power, via a Hager 60060 load-shedder. The load-shedder will temporarily switch out the heating (and, if necessary, the hot water) when the total load approaches the 52A supply limit, which is likely when cooking.

Edited by Mike