Help Programing Grant

Marvin91

You are my last hope, I am desperate for your expert advice because I was not able to find anywhere what these symbols on the display mean.

• I circled with red in the attached picture the bane of my existence, that little On symbol. What does it mean?

• If I want to heat the home according to my program should I have them On symbol displayed? It seems that when it's displayed the heating just runs non stop and ignores my temperature and time settings.

• Also, circled in blue in the attached picture, the clock dial, I have no idea what that means either.

• If I want to have the DHW run according to my programming, should the blue circled symbol be displayed?

• On the right of the screen there is a button with a tap on it, what does it do? I notice I can press it once or twice and different symbols come up, but I don't know what those mean either.

I have a Grant Aerona 3 and I have gone through the manual but I still cant figure it out and these very basic things are not explained anywhere that I know of.

Please, please help me out with my questions, you are my last hope, otherwise I will just have to get electric heaters for the rooms and get used to cold showers, and that is just sad.

Warm (hopefully) regards

Display.jpg

The manuals are hilariously bad, in the only place they talk about the control interface they say: "This button is reserved for future products - pressing this button will result in an audible ‘beep’ indicating no function."

Well in my case the buttons seem to do more then just beep, I even downloaded other versions of the manual and watched all their videos and there is zero information about those symbols and the buttons.

I just sent Grant an email regarding this, hope I can get some help soon.

Edited by Marvin91

Update, I was able to locate a manual that explains what the buttons do and what the display indicates, here it is for future reference:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1291026/Chofu-Aeyc-1639u-Ch.html?page=26#manual

This confirms I was setting it correctly, pressed button 2 and On was indicated.

The problem is now why was it still running and heating the home after it exceeded my temperature target and after the programming was set for it to stop.

Edited by Marvin91