Refurbing empty house, novice that need to move in within 2 months

Bruce

Hi everyone,

Old time lurker here, have been reading posts on this forum for over 5 years at this point, mostly to read about people's ASHP and MVHR installs. Me and my partner are about to buy a 3 bedroom 1930 semi-detached that hasn't seen much love since probably the 70's. The house has not been lived in for over two years as we understand it and it is in need of lots of work on the finishes but it seems to be structurally sound, this is also confirmed by the home buyer report that listed the electrical installation and as mentioned all the finishes. The walls are cavity walls with 30-50mm cavities so we are debating if it is worth trying to get them filled( I'm sure there are companies that are willing to take our money and try) or if we going with IWI which is not preferred as the house is not very big to start with.

Our intention is to as soon quick as possible install UFH on the ground floor and get an ASHP installed as we don't want to use any gas and intend to get that removed on day 1 if possible. There is essentially no kitchen at the moment and because we are removing the gas the current hob will not work so we are going to need to install a new kitchen.

The bathroom livs on the first floor is not in a functioning state and need to be redone as well, the intervention is to do underfloor heating in there as well.

I have so many questions that I want to ask and they stretch over multiple areas but I'm a bit hesitant to flood the forum with posts about all my questions, I hope you can bear with me and let me know if I overstay my welcome. I have attached a drawing of the house with some initial UFH pipe layouts, smaller rooms are 100mm c/c and the kitchen and the living room will be 150 c/c. Centres are not fully confirmed yet but my initial heat calcs support that.

Screenshot 2023-10-30 184200.png