PD loft extension rights for subdivided house

Forestparkfats

Hi there,

I am looking for advice on PD rights with relation to the subdivision of a semi-detached house.

Context: I am currently in the process of splitting my semi-detached house into two separate properties. This can be done without further extension due to the size of the existing side extension. So really just a case of blocking up a couple of doorways and adding an extra staircase.

The current roof has been extended by 42 cubic metres already which puts me at the upper limit of my PD loft extension rights for the existing property (+50 cubic metres for a semi).

My question is... if the house is subdivided into two separate properties do these two new houses acquire fresh PD rights. Allowing me (or future owners) to do hip-to-gables / add dormers to one or both. And if so would this equate to 40 or 50 cubic metres per property?

The question also extends to PD rights generally e.g. what are these for the newly created house? It is on a sizable plot of land with a 9m side return so would the new house gain PD rights to extend the footprint as per any other house?

Not necessarily looking to do this as want the end result to look well resolved but just wanted to understand what my rights were and what the impact of sub-division was on my PD rights specifically as not a lot I can find online. 

Many thanks in advance for your help!