Excessive energy usage?

38 minutes ago, Super_Paulie said:

this is as of this morning. Pretty different results depending where you look.

energyUsage2.JPG

MicrosoftTeams-image (9).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (8).png

This rules out the smart meter tariff being the cause then, though it does seem to be stuck on pre-october rates which is not uncommon.

This instead looks to be an imperial/metric mismatch. What are the units displayed on your actual smart meter (not the IHD) as afaik they are all metric.

Which means British gas replaced your imperial meter with a metric smart meter but didn't adjust your billing (or optimistically just the online display). Politely give them hell.

4 minutes ago, S2D2 said:

This rules out the smart meter tariff being the cause then, though it does seem to be stuck on pre-october rates which is not uncommon.

This instead looks to be an imperial/metric mismatch. What are the units displayed on your actual smart meter (not the IHD) as afaik they are all metric.

Which means British gas replaced your imperial meter with a metric smart meter but didn't adjust your billing (or optimistically just the online display). Politely give them hell.

it says m3 after the reading so i guess metric?

5 minutes ago, Super_Paulie said:

so what are we saying, that there is a mismatch in my metric/imperial or that i am hemorrhaging gas?

The smart meter and IHD kWh figures are correct so you can relax about the gas usage. It would be a bit of a national scandal if they weren't. British gas still have your account set as an imperial meter so all of your usage/costs displayed on their dashboard are 2.83 times higher than they should be. They are the ones in the wrong, and very badly so if these figures make it through to your bill.

11 minutes ago, S2D2 said:

The smart meter and IHD kWh figures are correct so you can relax about the gas usage. It would be a bit of a national scandal if they weren't. British gas still have your account set as an imperial meter so all of your usage/costs displayed on their dashboard are 2.83 times higher than they should be. They are the ones in the wrong, and very badly so if these figures make it through to your bill.

thats really helpful, thanks S2. I'll have a look at this on my break, see if i can cross reference against my bills. This whole thing seems Ludacris really, this didnt happen when i was with the multiple defunct companies in years gone by!

• Like 1