monoblock vs split vs "Hydrosplit"?

I've been looking at the LG range and they have a monoblock version, which is everything in the outside unit and water (or glycol) running back inside the property and on to your cylinder/emitters

They have a split system that has the compressor outside the house but runs refrigerant lines back into the house where a plate heat exchanger and circulation pump (plus other gubbins) live in a "indoor unit"

What confuses me is the "hydrosplit" option.

This has, explicitly, water lines running into the house.  Confusingly they talk about "The LG Therma V Hydrosplit reduces the risk of indoor refrigerant leakage by keeping refrigerant safely outside: only water passes through your home." - which makes it seem like all the refrigerant, heat exchangers etc are in the outdoor unit. 

In which case, what is the difference between a hydrosplit and a mono block apart from what would appear like a PHX indoor unit?

I could understand if the hydrosplit put all the refrigerant, compressors, pumps, heat exchangers etc in the indoor unit leaving just a radiator and fan to sit outside.  It would have some advantages for situations where accessing the outdoor unit for servicing was challenging as there would be alot less to go wrong.

In my case I was wondering if such a system would allow for shared outdoor units in blocks of flats, not unlike the Kensa shoebox approach but with air to glycol ranter than ground to glycol.

But their wording is rather confusing.

Anyone know how these work?

Hydrosplit is a made-up term for every monoblock that doesn't have a pump, just the heat exchanger and paired with an indoor unit that includes everything else, sometimes the nicely squared box DHW.

But basically every monoblock with only the heat exchanger, it's a hydrosplit, as even if they don't sell a pairing indoor unit, you have to make it out of parts on the wall/cylinder.

If you want the compressor inside, buy a water/water unit, and use any coils with water/glycol you find suitable(you can shape and put them where you want), with PVThermal as extra.

• Thanks 1