Vent axia sentinel kinetic randomly boosting?

Wonder if anyone can help.. we have a vent axia sentinel kinetic and in the evening usually around 9pm to 11pm it starts ramping up. When I look at the control panel it’s showing boost 100%. If I press the boost button it says c1. I’ve gone into the commissioning screen and there are no timed settings for the boost (they are all just 00:00 to 00:00). It’s driving us crazy as there’s no reason it should be boosting and we can’t disable it - even from the control. Does anyone know what could be going on before we get the mvhr guys out?

Thanks

Humidity is set to 70%. It kicks on around same time even before we have baths or showers and runs for a few hours. The c1 that comes up when you press the boost button seems to indicate some sort of timer but there’s nothing to indicate it’s on a timer in commissioning?

C1 is one of the time programs.

We had a random boost but with c3. I went crazy with it as it would randomly full boost around 2-4am. No reason at all for it.

After a few back and forth with their technical support (who are pretty good actually) they sent me out a new circuit board which I replaced relatively easily.

Touch wood, i think it's fixed it for me... But I still find myself waking up in the night, thinking I hear it, and running to check! So far so good though.

Im now just in the process of resetting it from defaults one at a time to ensure I don't do something that randomly retriggers it.

One bit of advice I was given,but only after I had replaced circuitbboard so never tried it, was to actually set all the time programmes to override the default "00.00.00" and see if that corrects it.... Then reset them again back to "00.00.00".

Edited by Andehh

2 hours ago, Andehh said:

C1 is one of the time programs.

We had a random boost but with c3. I went crazy with it as it would randomly full boost around 2-4am. No reason at all for it.

After a few back and forth with their technical support (who are pretty good actually) they sent me out a new circuit board which I replaced relatively easily.

Touch wood, i think it's fixed it for me... But I still find myself waking up in the night, thinking I hear it, and running to check! So far so good though.

Im now just in the process of resetting it from defaults one at a time to ensure I don't do something that randomly retriggers it.

One bit of advice I was given,but only after I had replaced circuitbboard so never tried it, was to actually set all the time programmes to override the default "00.00.00" and see if that corrects it.... Then reset them again back to "00.00.00".

Thanks Andehh. Is it the controller circuit you replaced or a board on the actual unit?

It's a board, if you remove the front panel towards bottom, you'll see where it is. Not really hard, several screws and just remember where each clip goes. All plug and play,but I colour coded them to be on the safe side!!

20230902_074650.jpg

Edited by Andehh

7 hours ago, Andehh said:

It's a board, if you remove the front panel towards bottom, you'll see where it is. Not really hard, several screws and just remember where each clip goes. All plug and play,but I colour coded them to be on the safe side!!

20230902_074650.jpg

Thanks! Out of interest - how come they didn’t replace this for you? Were You out of warranty?

It didn't really come up tbh, I knew from a previous call their engineers are usually 2 weeks to arrive, and having already seen the circuit board I was pretty OK with swapping it out myself.

Im sure if I pushed I could have got an engineer out from them.  Just quicker and easier for me to take the 20mins and just do it myself!