Visibility splays

Bournbrook

12 minutes ago, kandgmitchell said:

Well I'd just prepare a simple layout drawing using the build out as my reference for the highway edge, use the 2.0m "X" distance ( Manual for the Streets para 7.7.7) then use the 25m "Y" distance and show that. Could you widen your drive so as to push the centre line away from the neighbour's hedge and thus improve the splay?

Good luck - I'm arguing one where planning was refused on the basis that the vision splay of 56m wasn't shown in both directions as per guidance etc etc. The access is onto a one way street so I'm not sure why that's needed? Upon pointing this out Highways " are considering the matter" but another application will be needed!

That does seems crazy. I was trawling through MfS and MfS2 today and I’m sure I read something regarding one way streets in there….

I was sort of planning to do what you’ve suggested in terms of drawing splays but I didn’t know if I was pushing it a bit by taking it from the edge of the build out??

we have already removed the brick pillar to the top of the drawing which shifts the centre line to a more preferable place. Unfortunately a TPO prevents us from doing this any further!

• 2 months later...