Can anyone advice if my roofers done a good job?

gjdavies87

IANAR (I am not a roofer) but a few Qs:

Pic 3: Appears to show soakers but no cover flashing... (????)

Pic 4 appears to show no cover/tuck-in at the top of the flashing to the parapet.

Pic 9/10 - Assume that there are soakers below and that something (??mineral felt?) is covering them.

Pic 12 (roof over bay). Not an easy detail, but what is that? Sand and cement? What is underneath/providing a key for the ?sand and cement? to hang in the air? What do the neighbours have?

On 05/10/2023 at 14:04, Redbeard said:

IANAR (I am not a roofer) but a few Qs:

Pic 3: Appears to show soakers but no cover flashing... (????)

Pic 4 appears to show no cover/tuck-in at the top of the flashing to the parapet.

Pic 9/10 - Assume that there are soakers below and that something (??mineral felt?) is covering them.

Pic 12 (roof over bay). Not an easy detail, but what is that? Sand and cement? What is underneath/providing a key for the ?sand and cement? to hang in the air? What do the neighbours have?

On 05/10/2023 at 15:17, Redbeard said:

+1 absolutely re stack - and investigate the flaunching, which is just out of shot. Don't want to be finding that needs doing just after the scaff's come down!

On 05/10/2023 at 14:40, Mr Punter said:

Still a few bits to do.  Looks neat enough to my untrained eye.  Can you get the chimney in pic 1 pointed while the scaffold is up?

Thanks for all the replies, these are the pictures the roofer sent over, I have been up to have a look, and I am not happy with the finish, I have questions about the flashing, should I be fixed to the roof and the wall? Because I can push on it and it flexes, I think he has just covered it over with felting is this ok? Also the gutters are filled with debris, and he had quoted me for fixing the chimney and hasn't done it, I'm not a happy bunny at the moment, it is the flashing that I'm really unsure about.

Many thanks again 

PXL_20231005_165818002.jpg

I'm not sure about the use of roofing felt on the wall. If mine i would prefer the render repaired/replaced but this sort of job can escalate. If the render was taken off you might find the wall underneath it isn't sound and needs repointing or even rebuilding.