Kinked 15mm copper pipe for shower

Brendan

Unfortunately my arse met the unnecessarily long copper pipe protruding from the wall for the shower hot feed and bent it (probably about a 20 degree bend).

So the pipe is now kinked.

The bathroom is already tiled.

If I'm lucky I might be able to pull the pipe out far enough to cut behind the kink and then solder on a new section - but the pipe is only meant to protrude by 21mm from the finished wall surface and needs to be narrow enough to go through the close-fitting valve that has a compression fitting to attach.

Is there any chance I can un-kink this pipe, or is it likely to be removing the shower screen, taking out a tile and soldering a new bit of pipe on further back into the wall cavity?

Edited by Brendan

Anyway, I think I might have got round the problem by swapping the showers between the en-suite and the main bathroom. The fitting for the other shower is not as tight around the pipe and I think that the end where the compression olive will sit is round so should seal properly.  We shall see...

(For info the very tight fitting was a Bristan shower fitting, the looser one from Mira).

Edited by Brendan
  • Like 1