Siemens Warming drawer fault

Ultima357

Hi. I have a Siemens Warming drawer that has just died despite being only 3 years old. Looking around it seems that there is only 3 key parts, the power module, the heater and the "connector". The first two are quite obvious in the function of things but the so called connector is a bit vague. I'm guessing that this is a simple push to make, push to break switch that switches things on and off as you close/open the drawer and an obvious candidate for a fault. Unit powers on, relay can be heard clicking in and led glows but no heat. In terms of spare parts, the power module is £200, the heater £160 and the connector £38. Big pain is that the oven sits on it so major operation to pull out and test individual components. So wondering if anyone has any insight or practical experience in these? 

Part number B1630DNS1B, 29cm iQ700 series. 

11 hours ago, Ultima357 said:

So wondering if anyone has any insight or practical experience in these?

I can't help, but I'm interested to hear whether you get an answer. Ours died a couple of years ago after about 4-5 years of pretty infrequent use.

I haven't had time to look at it (well, I had a quick look and concluded, as I nearly always do, that it was a bigger job than I had time for at the time, then never got back to it!)

6 minutes ago, jack said:

I can't help, but I'm interested to hear whether you get an answer. Ours died a couple of years ago after about 4-5 years of pretty infrequent use.

Well we use ours regularly and our previous one was still going strong after 8 years when we sold the house. I'll add that the internals appear to be the same for Neff and Bosch, so any fault will be the same. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well after research, the power module and heater are common across Bosch, Siemens and Neff. As the main oven was sitting on top of it I needed as quick a fix as possible once it was out and eventually found a new slim one that was left over from a job on ebay, so bought it for not much more than the cost of the power module and canabalised it for the faulty part. Which was the power module. Stuck it up in the loft for now but if I can find a new power module for a sensible price I'd repair it and resell. As usual, the price for the official spare is ludicrous at circa £180 for a small board that I reckon has an ex factory cost of less than £20.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...