Plain Clay Tiling - Loading Out etc...

Finding suitable roofers with availability to work alongside has been proving problematic, so we've been gradually cracking on ourselves.  Actually made it to the point of putting tiles on the roof!

We have a complex roof with a lot of tiles, so looking for tips on how to tackle it efficiently. 

Should I be aiming to load the roof out completely before starting laying? Obviously seen examples of stacks of tiles distributed all over the battens. I tried a stack, but we have a handmade tile and it seemed a little precarious so part of me wonders if time spent stacking is better spent just laying them straight away.

Any tips on which areas to tackle first? (i.e. get the verges/valleys in?) Or whether to lay diagonally/vertically etc?

chalkline the battens to make sure they are dead straight or it will look pants. 

Measure to top and use a gauge that doesn't leave small cut for top row of  tile.

Set out eaves row so there isnt a small cut either end and follow the bond up. Use a level to make sure you don't drift with the bond again looks pants.

Chalkline the verge as well vertically as you will find with clay not all tiles are the same size you need this to be good in order not to look pants.

Use a valley tile if you can instead of a tray, have plenty of tile and halfs ready for the cuts.

Loading out doesn't really matter if there is a couple of you to pass and lay.

• Thanks 1