Metered export per-phase on a 3-phase install?

magnayn

I suspect the answer to this is "no", but it's a hard one to get an answer on.

Our house has a single-phase dumb-meter. The connection to the building is 3-phase, we used to have a 3-phase meter but had it removed as it cost more and wasn't in use (thus the meter is connected to one of the phases off that cable).

We have Solar PV from 2014, thus in a FIT scheme with a generation meter, where we get paid FIT + "assumed" export of 50%.

I understand I could change the "assumed" export part to a metered export scheme - but this seems like a bad choice (as if I were being more clever I'd reduce export to 0!).

I could get the meter swapped out for a smart meter on 3-phase. I've been told SMETS2 has a 'net metering' arrangement, so if I were importing on one phase but exporting on the other, I pay on the difference. At some point I'm sure I'll be coralled into having to have a smart-meter, so it seems sensible to switch back to 3-phase given the supply is already there.

I don't think on my current setup it would be worthwhile adding anything additional (say, batteries) that could export to the grid, as I'd either get nothing for it, or have to take my PV off the "deemed export" scheme (as how would the energy company know which bit was which).

However: Could I go 3-phase, attach a battery to one of the other phases, and have a metered-export arrangement for that phase alone? I.E: can the meter report import/export _per phase_ to the supplier to make that kind of arrangement work ?