Linear wet room drain (for use with microcement)

Hi all,

Im trying to figure out how to install this drain. The manufacturers are not being very helpful and are just passing me off to tradesman who dont cover my area.

The video shows you just make a traditional sand+cement slope to the drain - simple enough:

image.thumb.jpeg.43b6adbdc7b430ef40ce55b646f134ba.jpeg

But then the installer applies some king of resin layer to waterproof the system before moving on to Microcement:

image.thumb.jpeg.e66c481b8a030579a35e183b6d9e291f.jpeg

What kind of product do you think this is?

My Microcement installer has no idea and does not want to be responsible for this!

Thanks, any help would be much appreciated :D

Just now, westcoast said:

What's included

That is better than the one I got which had a tiny lip and never sealed properly. It needs bedding into flexible adhesive and then a seal strip (tanking joint tape etc) applying over the lip and onto the base material to make a fully waterproof seal. You can then tile of screed upto the slot and water cannot get under the edge of the unit if it does get under the finished surface

OK interesting.

I'm now trying to work out if any waterproofing measures are needed when using microcement.

Microcement (resin based) is 100% waterproof ...but i'm concerned about the product cracking at interface between Sand+cement and drain

3 minutes ago, westcoast said:

OK interesting.

I'm now trying to work out if any waterproofing measures are needed when using microcement.

Microcement (resin based) is 100% waterproof ...but i'm concerned about the product cracking at interface between Sand+cement and drain

Resin based but tends not to be flexible so any movement could/would break a seal

• Like 1