Jaga Strada - Alternatives

Hey

So I've been advised that I should buy Jaga Strada "or similar" for my retrofit eco house. I suspect that the Jaga Strada stuff is expensive. What's a decent alternative?

Also, realistically I also need to upgrade my piping from microbore but that's a different story

7 hours ago, anonymous said:

I also need to upgrade my piping from microbore but that's a different story

So yo are going to add a greater volume of water in the pipes, but then reduce the amount of water in the radiators.

Have you done a room by room hat loss calculation?

If not, that is the first thing to do.

You are not wrong on prices - they publish their price list (https://jaga.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Strada-Price-List-032023.pdf) which gives you a feel for what it might cost - keep an eye on the height (left most column). Heat output looks good though and the construction looks excellent but I would not want the cleaning job given all those fins!

6 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

So yo are going to add a greater volume of water in the pipes, but then reduce the amount of water in the radiators.

Have you done a room by room hat loss calculation?

If not, that is the first thing to do.

I haven't but equally I intend on super insulating first  + getting more windows + an MVHR 

So I figure that my heat loss calculations won't be accurate when I get to changing the radiators / piping