Driveway Permission Query

David Terry

Hi, hope someone might be able to help me with a query I have about driveway permissions. I have a slightly peculiar house in so far as my current drive way (built by previous owner alongside a garage) is on the back of the house. The garage (though it still has a door has been converted into an office). The front of the house faces a path, and the side of the house a road. 

I am keen to return the rear driveway to a garden, and add a new drive on the front of the house with drop curb at the side. I am concerned that I will not get permission, either because I already have a driveway at the rear, or because of the house fronting onto the pathway. I have attached some images to demonstrate.

Thanks in advance.

House overhead.png

Side view.png

Rear view.png

I can't quite work out which direction you want the new driveway to run  but best try and keep it away from the corner as much as possible and "conventional" in orientation. Perhaps have it aligned with your front door?

You will need to make a Dropped Kerb Application. This doesn't just get permission for a dropped kerb but also the permission needed to drive over the footpath.