A bit about me

handcoded

Hi

I'm Richard and I'm in the final stages of purchasing my first 2-bed fixer-upper. I'll be doing what jobs I can to keep costs low as there's a very small renovation budget of around £10k so I have to prioritise the important stuff. Currently learning everything I can predominantly via YouTube and have a weird obsession with woodworking and DIY channels.
I have applied to the local college as they offer a general trades course to give a taster of everything as this is my first DIY renovation and along the way, I'm hoping to be fitting a new kitchen, replacing windows, flooring, gardening, landscaping etc.

I'm keen to learn which resources, products and tips I should be using from those that are happy to share their knowledge and hope that I can contribute in some way even if initially it's just pictures of my progress.

screenshot-house.jpeg

Hi and welcome to THE forum on all things building. Our aim is building green so tend to concentrate on insulation and air tightness, however lots of knowledge here and many who are willing to help/share. Just remember there is no such thing as a stupid question, stupid is not asking, we have all been there.